Categories
Gossip News Politics

Senator Kipchumba Murkomen says wife used to send him fare when they were dating

Senator Kipchumba said he was so broke back then and his wife was the one who would send him fare to their dates –

Senator Kipchumba Murkomen says wife used to send him fare when they were dating

He added that she was so generous that she bought the first car the couple owned – The two have been serving couple goals online with countless photos showing how much they are dear to each other Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen has opened up for the first time about how he met the love of his life Grace and most importantly, the major role she played when they were just dating.

Categories
News

600 Journalists Have Lost Jobs, 60 have Covid-19 – MCK

600 Journalists Have Lost Jobs, 60 have Covid-19 – MCK

600 Journalists Have So Far Lost Jobs As 60 Get Infected With Covid-19 – MCK
600 Journalists Have So Far Lost Jobs As 60 Get Infected With Covid-19 – MCK-Media Council of Kenya CEO David Omwoyo. [PHOTO/ COURTESY]

At least 600 journalists have lost their jobs due to Covid-19 pandemic, the Media Council of Kenya (MCK) CEO David Omwoyo has said.Speaking to KTN News, Omwoyo said that as of August 9, 60 journalists had been infected with the virus while one had succumbed. Omwoyo said that he could not reveal to the public the name of the deceased journalist.

Omwoyo revealed that another batch of 42 journalists had been “sent away” from their places of work for being associated with Covid-19.

“I was recently speaking to a marketing executive from one of the media houses who told me that they have been barred from visiting some places which are considered hotspots.

He said that MCK has been holding meetings with journalists from the most affected areas to help them psychologically, and also financially.

He however blamed journalists for not taking care of themselves in the first days after Covid-19 was reported in the country, by feeling ‘special’ and ignoring Ministry of Health directives.

Among the journalists who have tested positive for Covid-19 include Citizen TV’s Jeff Koinange and Stephen Letoo. Others include BBC’s Ian Wafula and NTV’s Miss Katiwa.

In June 2020, the Royal Media Services (RMS) sent home a number of its journalists especially from the radio department, almost simultaneously with Mediamax Network Ltd which fired hundreds of its journalists.

IN RMS, top journalists who were sent packing include Radio Citizen presenters Syombua Osiany, John Maloba, Himenigilder Mugeni.

Hot 96 FM Presenter Nancy Wanjiku Karanja popularly known to her fans as Shix Kapienga is also said to have been laid off.

Syombua hosted Pambazuka from 4am to 6am.

Kapienga, who doubles up as a comedian and actor, hosted Drop Zone on Hot 96 FM Monday to Thursday from 7pm to 10pm.

A majority of the Mediamax employees who were sacked via night SMS are those who were opposed to pay cuts, instituted due to the effects of Covid-19 on revenues.

Some of the notable faces fired include Sam Njoroge, Rose Gakuo, Fred Indimuli (K24 poached him from Citizen TV in 2018), Eric Njoka, Karen Karimi, Isabella Kituri, Nancy Onyancha, Caren Kibett, Shon Osimbo, Sara Adams, Joy Kariuki, Joab Mwaura, Tony Khwalanda and Milele FM presenter Felix Odiwuor alias Jalang’o.

Categories
Health News World

Russia announces world’s first Coronavirus vaccine which offers ‘two years’ immunity

 World’s first Coronavirus vaccine

Russia announces world's first Coronavirus vaccine which offers 'two years' immunity
Russia announces world’s first Coronavirus vaccine which offers ‘two years’ immunity

Russia president Vladimir Putin, has announced that his country has finally approved the world’s first Covid-19 vaccine, saying he has tested it on his daughter and it worked.

According to Putin, the vaccine was developed at Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute, with large-scale production of the vaccine projected to start in September, while mass vaccination may begin as early as October.

Russia announces world

The vaccine has undergone just less than two months of human testing but Putin speaking to Government officials on Tuesday August 11 said one of his two daughters is among those who have already had a shot of the new vaccine.

Putin did not specify which of his daughters had received the jab, but said she had a temperature of 38C on the day of her first injection, which then dropped to 37C the next day.

He said she had a slight increase in temperature after the second injection, but she is now ‘feeling well’. He revealed she had a ‘high number of antibodies’.

The next stage of the tests, commonly known as a Phase III trial, will involve thousands of participants. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), there are more than 100 possible Covid-19 vaccines currently being developed around the world.

This phase III stage is normally considered an essential precursor before a vaccine can receive regulatory approval and be distributed worldwide.

Putin speaking today said: ‘I know that it works quite effectively, forms strong immunity, and I repeat, it has passed all the needed checks.’

According to Putin the vaccine development is a ‘very important step for the world.’

The Health Ministry said in Tuesday’s statement that the vaccine is expected to provide immunity from the coronavirus for up to two years.

Putin emphasized that vaccination will be voluntary and that medical workers, teachers and other risk groups will be the first to be inoculated.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has lauded Russia’s efforts in developing the vaccine and said that the Philippines is ready to work with Moscow on vaccine trials, supply, and production.

Duterte volunteered to “be the first they can experiment on.”

“I will tell President Putin that I have huge trust in your studies in combating COVID and I believe that the vaccine that you have produced is really good for humanity,” Duterte said, adding that he thinks Russia’s vaccine will be ready for the Philippines by December.

Categories
Africa News Politics

Tanzania Bans Domestic Broadcasters From Airing Foreign-made Content Without State Permission

tz
President John Magufuli. PHOTO/ COURTESY

The Tanzanian government has banned all domestic licensed broadcasters from carrying foreign-made content without state permission.

The new directive is part of the revised guidelines issued by the country’s Communications Regulatory Authority.

After obtaining permission to air content from international media houses like BBC, DW and CNN, the authority details that the licensed broadcasters will take responsibility for any content deemed “unsuitable”.

“Baada ya kupata kibali cha kujiunga na mtoa huduma mwingine wa maudhui. Mwenye leseni atawajibika kwa maudhui yoyote yasiyozingatia sheria na kanuni izi,” the government said.

The new regulations further require a government official to accompany any local journalist when covering a story with a foreigner.

To further regulate the media in the country, the authority further defined watershed period as hours from 12.00am to 5am. This is the period when broadcasters can air content only suitable for adults.

The authority stated that the new regulations are aimed at l”improving content” local content.

“Kanuni hizo zimelenga kuboresha huduma za maudhui ya Redio na Televisheni pamoja na usimamiza wake kutokana na uzoefu uliopatikana kwa kipindi cha miaka miwili toka kanauni za zamani zilipoanza kutumika mwaka 2018, ” the authority added.

Failure to adhere to the regulations, the government said, licensed media houses shall be fined.

Some of the journalists working with foreign media houses termed the new regulations as punitive and aimed at restricting international media from covering the October General Elections.

President John Pombe Magufuli is seeking re-election and will be facing off with renowned opposition chief Tundu Lissu.

The Magufuli-led regime has been accused of having taken control of the local media by frustrating journalists who dare to question the government.

Magufuli has also been criticized over attempt to stifle opposition through intimidations and arrests.

“Tanzania will hold its elections in October. Under the new law, foreign correspondents cannot work with local journalist and fixers – unless a government official is with them wherever they go, ” BBC journalist Ferdinand Omondi tweeted.

He added, “The Tanzanian government has already cracked down on domestic journalists. They have been intimidated, banned, and even jailed. Now, it seems state is training guns on the foreign press, seeking total control of the content Tanzania citizens consume.”

 

Categories
Health News

Church Services To Last For 90 Minutes, Persons Aged Between 6 and 65 Allowed To Attend

Church Services To Last For 90 Minutes

 

Church Services To Last For 90 Minutes
Church Services To Last For 90 Minutes

Churches have been open now for a little over a month since the Coronavirus pandemic hit Kenya.President Uhuru Kenyatta allowed faithfuls to congregate on July 6 but under strict measures to prevent the spread of the disease.Then, the head of state said that only 100 people would be allowed in at a particular time.

He also banned persons below the age of 13 and those above the age of 58 from attending church services.

Further, Uhuru stated that services will not last more than 60 minutes.

But an interfaith council on Tuesday amended some of the measures announced by the president.

 

Church Services To Last For 90 Minutes

For instance, sessions will go on for 90 minutes as opposed to the earlier announced timings.

Children aged 6 years will also be allowed to attend church services even after Uhuru suspended Sunday School.

If you are aged 65, you will starting August 18 be able to go to church.

Physical worship services were suspended in March as part of efforts to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus disease.

Some churches in the country resorted to online services to continue nourishing their congregants spiritually.

Several religious leaders had expressed concerns over the state move to close churches with some going to court to challenge the decision. The courts, however, refused to issue orders to reopen the places of worship and instead encouraged the clergy to embrace online services.

More follows

Categories
News Politics

“DEEP STATE  plans to rig me out” DP Ruto laments while exposing secret meetings

DEEP STATE  plans to rig  DP Ruto

"DEEP STATE  plans to rig me out" DP Ruto laments while exposing secret meetings
“DEEP STATE  plans to rig me out” DP Ruto laments while exposing secret meetings

Deputy President William Ruto has exposed alleged plans to rig him out of the race to succeed President Uhuru Kenyatta in 2022.

Speaking at his Karen home when he met leaders from Kajiado county, DP Ruto alleged that well connected individuals have been holding meetings, scheming against his bid.

“Tunatishiwa ati kuna system,ati deep state, ati hata tukipiga kura watatuibia, kuna watu wameketi mahali fulani wanangojea, watakuja na deep state, tutakuja na Wananchi na mungu,” Ruto said.

He stated that his team has been threatened that whatever the outcome of the vote, he would be rigged out by the so-called system.

He maintained that he will overcome all obstacles in his bid to succeed Uhuru, referring back to similar challenges he faced in 2013.

“In 2013, I was being threatened, If I was afraid, or if President Uhuru Kenyatta was afraid, we would have had the Jubilee government, its is the same thing we are being told now,” added DP Ruto.

His remarks come barely a few days after Jubilee party vice-chairman David Murathe boldly endorsed Raila as the preferred candidate to succeed Uhuru, making it clear that plans are underway to endear him (Odinga) to mount Kenya voters with a new political outfit in the offing.

A few days earlier, Odinga’s brother, Oburu Oginga exuded confidence that Raila will win the 2022 race, boldly claiming that they (Raila and his team) now have the support of the system.

Categories
News

Inside plans to reduce number of Rift Valley Constituencies before 2022

Plans to reduce Rift Valley Constituencies

Rift Valley Constituencies
Rift Valley Constituencies

The country currently is witnessing an increased political activities with the latest being plans to reduce the number of Rift Valley constituencies. Those behind this plot believe this will be the only way to reduce number of Ruto MPs from the region.

The popular deep state, it is believed want to achieve this through the restructuring of the IEBC. The Wafula Chebukati team will be sent home before 2022.

”Among resolutions made are way to make the IEBC reduce the number of constituencies in the Rift Valley or merge them to cut the number of Ruto MPs,” a source confided to Briefly

Also, a 500M kitty has been set up raid a number Tanga Tanga strongholds, with the option of buying Ruto allied MPs being on the table.

Meanwhile, plans have been finalized by both Uhuru and Raila camps to have the BBI passed in Parliament late this year or early next year, by February.

Categories
News Politics

Mt Kenya power barons settle on Raila-Munya ticket for 2022

Raila-Munya ticket for 2022

Raila-Munya ticket for 2022
Raila-Munya ticket for 2022


Mt Kenya power barons popularly known as Mt Kenya mafia have settled on an Odinga-Munya ticket for 2022. In a meeting attended by who is who in the country’s power circle, it was also decided DP William Ruto should not be allowed anywhere near the presidency, at least not in 2022.

According to reports, the meeting which took place in Gatanga last week was attended by Joe Kibe, Peter Kenneth, CS Peter Munya, CS James Macharia, Business magnate Peter Munga, Kikuyu Council of Elders Chair, Speaker JB Muturi, Maoke Maore, Nderitu Muriithi and Governor Kiraitu Murungi.

”Raila is safer. But we demand Mt Kenya to get DP position and Powerful PM,Speaker of the National Assembly and half the Cabinet. Raila must accept less powerful President if he need our backing,” a highly credible source confided to this writer. Among the names flouted for the PM position is President Kenyatta.

”Establish a kitty to mobilize funds to roll out oiled Mt Kenya political campaign. Target 3 billion shillings for Mt Kenya alone.President Uhuru be the PM while Munya be Raila’s running mate,” the source adds.

Even though the meeting took place in Gatanga, Jubilee Vice Chair, a prominent figure in Uhuru’s succession politics was not in attendance. An idea of opening criminal charges against DP Ruto after 2022 was also flouted, to slow him down, even further.

Mt Kenya Tanga Tanga MPs are not spared either. The meeting resolved to front and fund strong candidates in areas with Ruto allied MPs and leaders who have openly disrespected the Presidency, as an office. Targeted seats are those for Moses Kuria, Ndindi Nyoro, Rigathi Gachagua and Alice Wahome.

Categories
Business Economy News Western

Go For Western Economy With These Pioneering

but it is too much for my strength — I sink under the weight of the splendour of these visions!

I am alone, and feel the charm of existence in this spot, which was created for the bliss of souls like mine. I am so happy, my dear friend, so absorbed in the exquisite sense of mere tranquil existence, that I neglect my talents.